TNTET Notification 2012 | Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test Notification 2012
TNTET Notification 2012, Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test Notification 2012, www.trb.tn.nic.in, tn tet, tntet 2012, tn tet 2012 notification, teachers recruitment board (trb), trb tamilnadu tet notification 2012, trb tntet 2012, tamil nadu tet notification 2012, tamil nadu tet exam notification 2012, teachers recruitment board (trb) tamil nadu tet exam 2012 notification
Advertisement No. 04/2012
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
TEACHERS RECRUITMENT BOARD
4th Floor, EVK Sampath Maaligai, DPI Compound, College Road,
Chennai – 600 006
TAMIL NADU TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST (TNTET) – 2012
NOTIFICATION / ADVERTISEMENT
Applications are invited upto 5.30 p.m. on 04.04.2012 for Teacher Eligibility Tests for the year 2012 from the candidates in Tamil Nadu.
In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the
appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.
Teachers Recruitment Board is designated as the Nodal Agency for conducting of Teacher Eligibility Test and recruitment of Teachers as per G.O. (Ms) No. 181, School Education (C2) Department, Dated 15.11.2011.
- Date of Notification: 07.03.2012
- Commencement of Sale of Application Forms: 22.03.2012
- Last Date for Receipt of Application 04.04.2012 5.30 p.m.
- Date of Written Examination-Paper I 03.06.2012 F.N.
- Date of Written Examination-Paper-II 03.06.2012 A.N.
Category of Candidates for TET:
The following categories of candidates should write the Teacher Eligibility Test:
- The Secondary Grade and Graduate Teachers (BT Assistants) appointed with the prescribed qualifications in Government, Government Aided and Un-aided Schools on or after 23rd August, 2010.
- Teachers working in Unaided Institutions without the prescribed qualifications shall acquire such minimum qualifications within a period of 5 years and should pass the TET.
- All Candidates with necessary qualifications and seeking for appointment as Teachers for Classes I to VIII.
Eligibility to Write TET:
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test:
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I.
- Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’s Degree(B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt.) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Degree in Teacher Education (B.Ed.) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.T.Ed. / B.Ed. during the current Academic Year are also eligible to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test.
Teacher Eligibility Test Papers:
- Paper I Classes I to V
- Paper II Classes VI to VIII
- Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes I to V. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
- Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes VI to VIII. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
- A person who intends to teach both Classes I to V and VI to VIII will have to appear for both Papers I and II.
Structure and Content of TET
All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking.
Click here for TNTET Notification Details